Thursday, 27 December 2012

Wash Day @ 1 week post relaxer



Last night I washed my hair at one week post relaxer. It was an extremely easy, enjoyable wash since I had smooth, straight roots. I was also surprised that my hair felt extra silky. It might have been due to my coconut oil pre-poo.

This brand is made in Barbados (yay regional products!) but it doesn't indicate whether the coconut oil is 100% raw/organic. Judging from the lack of smell I suspect that it's refined oil. I'll be using this as a pre-poo a few more times to see if it really gave my hair the silky slip I experienced when washing it out of my hair.

After washing and deep conditioning I did a rollerset and I lost very little hair =) That is always something to smile about!

I then sat under the hooded dryer for about 1 hour & 10 minutes, combed out my light, bouncy curls, wrapped my hair and went to bed. This morning I unwrapped my hair, and voila! Soft, swingy hair!


Wash day success!

*Note- In this rollerset I didn't use any moisturizer or leave-in conditioner. To make up for this, I kept my hair verry wet while rollersetting and used some African Pride Olive Oil Miracle Braid Sheen Spray! lol yes I used a braid spray. I have the moisturizing lotion in this brand and I love to dilute it with water as a leave-in while I rollerset. I should definitely review this brand soon.

I also used some Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Wrap/Set Mousse and Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage to help me get soft, full hair.

Products I used when rollersetting my relaxed hair.

Cheers for an easy, enjoyable wash day!

P.S.
What do you think of the new blog design?

~Hatter

5 comments:

  1. I love your hair and the new blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the curls! Can't wait to do rollerstets again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could do my roller sets as perfectly as you do them, I'm under the dryer as I type and wildly jealous of your roller set in comparison to my pitiful attempt! And i do like the new blog design - esp the pics at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rollerset came out really cute!

    ReplyDelete