Wednesday, 19 December 2012

21 Questions Hair Tag

Here's my response to Ms. Fancy Flair Lady's 21 Questions Hair Tag.

Although she tagged me a couple weeks ago, I've only been able to complete it this week. Sorry for the late post! Hope you enjoy =)

1. Why did you start taking better care of your hair?

Last year around this time I was experiencing major shedding, plus a severe flare-up of seborrhoeic dermatitis. This led me first to watching videos on youtube (shout out to ulovemegz!) and then hair blogs to find a solution to my hair issues. Then I decided to start my own blog this year =)

2. What are your 2 favourite hair products?

This is a hard one! If I had to choose only two they would be Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-in Cream.

3. Who's hair did you admire as a child?

My mother's! From the braids she wore, to the times that her hair was relaxed or natural, I loved watching my mother take care of her hair.

4. What is your ultimate goal length?

Right I haven't decided on an ultimate goal. I definitely want to get at least to bra strap length. Maybe after I reach that goal I'll go for waist length.

5. How are you going to celebrate when you reach your ultimate goal?

I'm going to do a bombshell hair style! lol Like a retro or pin-up style with bouncy curls. I'll probably wear a matching outfit and makeup and wear that all day =P

6. Two styles you want to try at your goal length?

A fish tail braid and super curl hair using a curling iron or even flexi rods.

7. Which do you prefer: Health or Length?

Both are important to me, but I know health is what matters more overall.

8. Which do you prefer: hair ties with no metal parts or butterfly clips?

Hair ties. Butterfly clips are too uncomfortable for my scalp.

9. What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands, Drugstore brands, or other?

All of the above! Brand doesn't matter as long as the product does what it's supposed to, and doesn't have too many harmful ingredients.

10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated?

Extended relaxer stretches. I admire the women who gan go 3-6 months or longer on a stretch but just 9 weeks post is a headache for me. Plus it damages my hair more than increases its health.

11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated?

Pincurls!

12. What is your favourite part of your hair regimen?

On wash days, it's taking my rollers down from my hair and enjoying the curls =)

13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?

Detangling after washing my hair at 8-9 weeks post relaxer. Ouch!

14. Oils or butters?

Oils. I've never tried hair butters.

15. Buns or ponytails?

Buns! Especially big buns from an old braid-out.

16. Wigs or weaves?

Neither. I don't particularly like them. (don't hate! =)

17. What is your opinion of growth aids?

Although I don't use any, I would prefer "natural" growth aids like castor oil. I don't like the idea or using a pill, cream or gel.

18. At what length do you consider hair long?

Arm pit length.

19. When is the last time you visited a salon?

About seven weeks ago for my last relaxer.

20. What do you like to surf most often: Youtube channels, personal blogs, or hair forums?

Oh gosh, who can choose among those?? I think I surf personal blogs most often.

21. And finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out on their hair journey?

I would advise him/her to be armed with as much information before starting a hair journey. Besides hair blogs and forums, The Science of Black Hair by Audrey-Davis Sivasothy is a priceless book about healthy hair care.  Knowing as much as possible before the journey would make it a lot easier to be prepared for possible setbacks, as well as to prevent them.


Love!
~Hatter

1 comment: