Thursday, 24 January 2013

All Twisted Up: wash day @ 5 weeks post relaxer.


Today's wash day was very easy and enjoyable! 

What I did:
  • Skipping my usual oil pre-poo, I instead deep conditioned on dry hair with Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment with my heat cap for one hour. After my hair cooled down I rinsed in the shower.
  • Using my trusted Motions Lavish Conditioning shampoo, I cleansed my hair once and rinsed with cold water.
  • After air-drying with the T shirt method, I applied some African Pride Olive Miracle Anti-Breakage Moisturizing Lotion (see above photo) from root to tip, detangled, then proceeded to twist medium sections of hair. I lost very little hair today! Might have been due to my conditioning on dry hair :)
I have to say that the African Pride Moisturizing Lotion is fantastic for my new growth as it always leaves it extremely soft, moist, and flattens my poofy roots. Although it's a lotion, the consistency is light, quite watery and not too greasy to apply, which makes it perfect for my hair. It also helped to keep my twists from unravelling.

Both the Creme of Nature Conditioner and the African Pride moisturizer worked well for my hair- leaving it very easy to manipulate. I was able to easily finger-part my hair, plus, I had almost zero tangles!  Although in my opinion the Argan Oil Conditioner is nothing extraordinary, it's a nice weekly moisturizing treatment. 
I hope it works this well on 7 week post hair!





I really want my twists to stay intact for at least 2-3 days as they are a great low manipulation style. For classes, I plan to put them in a ponytail, bun, or some kind of twisted updo until I'm ready to take them down. The great thing about twists is that I can access my new growth and make sure that its thoroughly moisturized throughout the week. Hope they won't unravel during the night!





Have you ever done two-strand twists on relaxed hair?

~Hatter

No comments:

Post a Comment