Thursday, 5 July 2012

Relaxer Update

On Saturday June 30th I relaxed my hair at 8 weeks, 4 days post! I could have stretched to the full 9 weeks but I was craving straight, silky roots.
This time my mom relaxed my hair at home using my regular relaxer: Organic Root Stimulator No-Lye Relaxer in "Normal".


  

My relaxer results:
The results!



The Positive: my roots mostly relaxed verrrry straight. So much better than when my hairdresser does it!

The Negative: despite my mother's prowess at relaxing, the hair at my widow's peak got texlaxed! LOL. It was because there wasn't enough relaxer in the tub to saturate the area. NB: next time, 2 boxes of relaxer will definitely be needed!

Overall, I'm happy with my results!

Comparison pics: 

January
March
   
June

I admit these pictures aren't very good for comparing my length progress! The last picture is the clearest. Taking better pictures is definitely something I need to work on... However, I can see the length I've gained since January. The real issue is...can I reach armpit length by December? We'll see!

Oh the elusive armpit length! I shall conquer theee

Happy hair day!
~Hatter



1 comment:

  1. I think you can!! Just keep up with the protective styling and make sure your hair is getting proper moisture! Great progress girl!

    ReplyDelete