Sunday, 11 March 2012

Experimenting with my regimen



Since I started my hair journey in December of last year I've been on a mission to experiment with a wide variety of products and techniques to find out what works for my hair.
So far, the products I've bought/been using include:

Vitale Olive Oil Deep Moisturizing Shampoo
Neutragena Triple Moisture Shampoo
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner (doesn't quite help with the tangles. Maybe I should add oils?)
Organic Root Stimulator Replinishing Pak (this is a deep conditioner, and my hair loves this!)
Vitale Olive Oil Moisturizer (has a lotion-y consistency but it does the trick)
Coconut to seal (almost out, looks like I'll be making more over the fire! lool)
ORS Olive Oil Wrap/Set Mouse
ORS Olive Oil Glossing Polisher

I bought the ORS Hair Mayonnaise but haven't mustered the courage to use it yet. I'm nervous about whether it will agree with my hair or make it tangly and stiff.

Last week I deep conditioned on dry hair before my shampoo for about 2 hours (didn't originally mean to go so long!) I definately didn't leave it in too long because in I must say that my experience it was AWESHOME. My hair was incredibly soft, had less tangles and less hair came out in the detangling after I washed it out and shampooed with the Vitale. I am definately going to continue deep conditioning on dry hair!

Additionally, I look forward to adding oils in my dc to spice it up. So far I have my coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and now, eucalyptus oil. I'm going to be mixing the EVOO and eucalyptus oil and applying it to my scalp to see if it helps with the dermatitis and itching. Some tea tree oil might help too!

Other products I want to try: Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Corrector and Neutragena Triple Moisture Silk Leave-In

Oh! Almost forgot. I got my new growth relaxed yesterday! =) Will post more info later on how that went.

~Hatter

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hatter!! I was reading thru ya post and I didn't see where you bought any regular conditioners.... did you get any? In my opinion that's what helps with the tangles and softens the hair after a shampoo!! Hope that helps ya a little bit ma'am :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I've only ever tried Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner but didn't like it much. I'm open to buying new conditioners though =)

      Delete