Friday, 19 April 2013

Wash day @ 7 weeks post relaxer



On Monday I washed my hair at 7 weeks, 3 days post relaxer.

What I did:

  1. Sectioned my hair into 8-9 parts, spraying diluted moisturizer on my roots to soften them and help with the parting. Finger de-tangled, applied ORS Vital Oils and braided each section. 
  2. Pre-pooed for about an hour under my heating cap. 
  3. Shampooed with ORS Neutralizing Shampoo.
  4. T-shirt dried my hair for about 2 minutes, then applied ORS HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner, using 1 & 1/3 packs. Sat with heating cap for about 1 & 1/2 hours.
  5. Rinsed my hair and T-shirt dried for about 5 minutes.
  6. While hair was still damp, I sprayed diluted moisturizer on my hair, focusing on the roots. Applied Herbal Essences Split-End Protector and de-tangled. 
  7. Blow-dried lightly, using tension by pulling down on my hair while blow-drying to stretch my roots.
  8. Sealed with ORS Vital Oils.
  9. Cross-wrapped my hair for bed and done!


~~~

source


~~~






The next morning I bunned for the first time in a looong time. After doing my hair it felt very soft and manageable. I definitely attribute it to the ORS HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner. It always make my new growth a breeze to de-tangle!

Unfortunately, the breakage is still occurring but I've almost accepted that as normal (sad isn't it??) so I ignored it and styled. I'll be dealing with this issue in a later post.

I planned to wear the bun for the whole day but...5 minutes after going outside it collapsed!
I didn't secure the ends well so when I charged into the wind...let's just say it was hair blowing left, right and centre =P After that I took out the bobby pins and just wore a simple ponytail.

Hair fails... they're inevitable!


Have a great weekend =)
~Hatter

3 comments:

  1. Your bun is very cute! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No, personally the ORS Neutralizing Shampoo doesn't strip my hair at all. I have sensitive scalp so sometimes it irritates it a little, but it's still gentle enough for me to use regularly.

      Delete