On Monday I washed my hair at 7 weeks, 3 days post relaxer.
What I did:
- Sectioned my hair into 8-9 parts, spraying diluted moisturizer on my roots to soften them and help with the parting. Finger de-tangled, applied ORS Vital Oils and braided each section.
- Pre-pooed for about an hour under my heating cap.
- Shampooed with ORS Neutralizing Shampoo.
- T-shirt dried my hair for about 2 minutes, then applied ORS HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner, using 1 & 1/3 packs. Sat with heating cap for about 1 & 1/2 hours.
- Rinsed my hair and T-shirt dried for about 5 minutes.
- While hair was still damp, I sprayed diluted moisturizer on my hair, focusing on the roots. Applied Herbal Essences Split-End Protector and de-tangled.
- Blow-dried lightly, using tension by pulling down on my hair while blow-drying to stretch my roots.
- Sealed with ORS Vital Oils.
- Cross-wrapped my hair for bed and done!
The next morning I bunned for the first time in a looong time. After doing my hair it felt very soft and manageable. I definitely attribute it to the ORS HAIRepair Nourishing Conditioner. It always make my new growth a breeze to de-tangle!
Unfortunately, the breakage is still occurring but I've almost accepted that as normal (sad isn't it??) so I ignored it and styled. I'll be dealing with this issue in a later post.
I planned to wear the bun for the whole day but...5 minutes after going outside it collapsed!
I didn't secure the ends well so when I charged into the wind...let's just say it was hair blowing left, right and centre =P After that I took out the bobby pins and just wore a simple ponytail.
Hair fails... they're inevitable!
Have a great weekend =)