Friday, 10 May 2013

Shea Butter



Okay first of all...my exams are finished!! So I'm back on the blogsphere!

Okay secondly, on Wednesday I bought 'Okay Shea Butter White Chunky' from Pennywise in Trincity Mall.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that this brand has a website but disappointed that it didn't have much information about its suppliers. The packaging says "imported from Ghana" but I was interested in finding out if the company is involved in the actual shea butter production. Ah well...

The packaging says 100% natural so that's a plus! This shea butter also comes already whipped but I only spotted the chunky kind in the store.

Since researching natural hair care I found out that shea butter is very popular among naturals since it can be mixed with various hair oils to create a thick, creamy moisturizer.

Even though I'm only 11 weeks post (woop woop! New milestone) I thought that I should buy some shea butter to experiment with as my new growth grows out more and more.

So the plan is to get some new natural oils to mix with the butter. I used to use the ORS HAIRepair Vital Oils but I've gotten dissatisfied with it over time.

Here is an example of how shea butter can be mixed to create a personalized hair moisturizer:




~Hatter

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Love your blog! If you're interested in shea, please look at the Global Shea Alliance - they can tell you more than you can probably imagine about shea. We just had our first event in North America yesterday in New York City. The research on shea shows that it is amazingly good for skin and hair - and more research is needed. Drop me an email and I'll send you more info!
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I researched the Global Shea Alliance and I think it's a great initiative to promote fair trade and to protect the workers in the shea industry. Thanks!

      Delete