Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Wash Day and Mini Relaxer Update


Goodnight everyone!

I have been neglecting my little blog and now this post is one week overdue *shameface*.

On Saturday 23rd February I had my hair relaxed by my aunt, since I really did not want to go back to the hairdresser.

In retrospect, I probably should have gone to the salon because my roots did not get straight! I practically remained with a head-full of fuzzy, texlaxed roots.


I think the issue was that my aunt should have smoothed my roots a second time after letting the relaxer "sit" on my hair for some minutes. 

I was pretty surprised (and amused) to run my fingers through my hair and feel the kinks! Admittedly, my hair is more manageable than before it was relaxed, but I'm just not used to the texlaxed feel lol. 
Since my roots are so textured, I haven't done an official length check as yet.

Last week I washed my hair and got some bouncy, healthy-looking results. However, I'm still battling with breakage that I can't seem to determine the source of. I've tried clarifying my hair and strand testing, but still I have noticeable short and long-strand breakage...even while using my new seamless combs...heck, even while finger-combing! 

While I am grateful for the hair I still have, I'm honestly a bit tired of my hair and discouraged...

I've been trying to reduce my manipulation as much as possible and infusing it with moisture.

So now I need to work on staying positive while I battle out this breakage. There's no way I'm going to let it make me have a failed hair journey!

Have you ever dealt with unexplained breakage?

Avec amour,
~Hatter

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you're on the right track to figuring this breakage thing out. Combat it with protein treatments, deep conditioning with heat, using seamless combs, having patience while detangling.

    I love that first, you're arming yourself with a positive attitude. Sometimes just doing that can make the entire situation feel better. You won't fail unless you quit. So no need to worry about a "failed HHJ." There is no way that we'll let you quit!

    Buena Suerte Chica

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete