Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Six months post relaxer

August 10th 2013 made me 6 months post relaxer!



That date also marked my mini chop, leaving me with 2-3 inches of relaxed ends attached to my new growth. So far, I can already tell that my natural hair texture is different from when I was a child, and I'm excited for my big chop when I'll finally be able to appreciate and critique every kink and coil.





Currently I am very inspired by this video uploaded by one of my hair crushes, Mae.




She is four years post big chop and I love love love her hair! Her video encourages me to be patient in my transition, as well as to put in the hard work necessary for cultivating healthy, gorgeous natural hair.




After enjoying my short haircut for about 2 weeks, my mother installed another set of braids. Honestly, I would like to maintain my hair myself but since university has started again and my mom is going back to St. Kitts, I know that my laziness and impatience would sabotage my hair-care efforts.




I plan to keep these braids in for 8 weeks, which should last me until the end of October.



How's your hair journey going?
Love!
~Hatter

6 comments:

  1. I love Mae's hair too! Congrats on making it this far darling!

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making it to 6 months! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your transitioning fro!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the rest of your transition and your new journey!

    ReplyDelete