Saturday, 6 September 2014

Trimming my Natural Hair (Second Trim)

Tonight I decided that it was time for a much needed trim.


For months now I've been plagued with single strand knots and tangles at the ends of my hair, which I felt indicated that those ends needed to go. My last trim was in seven months ago in February, when I went to a barber shop. Since then I put off trimming my hair myself because I thought it would be waay too time consuming and complicated...

...but you know what? It wasn't.

Well, it wasn't complicated. But it did take me about an hour to thoroughly go through my hair section by section!

I previously had my hair in seven cornrows, so as I undid each one, I separated my hair into three to four sections, twisted each section, then cut off the end of the twists from where it was significantly thinner than the body of the twist.


I followed the technique from youtuber jemy1415. You can watch her video below for a visual of what I did.





My twists with fresh, blunt ends after the trim:



And here is a random picture of what my shrinkage looks like. This photo was actually taken on damp hair, before my trim:



I waited seven long months between my first and second trims. Lets see how long I'll last before the next one! 

Love,
~Hatter


No comments:

Post a Comment