Thursday, 14 February 2013

First look: my new Hercules Sagemann seamless combs

I finally received my Hercules Sagemann seamless combs today!!

I purchased them online at hotcombs.net. I first learned about the Hercules Sagemann combs from Jeni of justgrowalready.com, who also owns combs from this brand.



I am so excited to use my new combs! I do have 8 weeks worth of new growth so I'll be very cautious when using them, even  though the combs are seamless.

The popular "Magic Star" jumbo rake comb, #5660.

The Contour, double-sided comb, #7370.


I initially wanted to purchase 3 different combs- a wide tooth, medium tooth and fine tooth comb, but at the time, both the medium and fine-tooth combs I wanted were not in stock.

As a result I bought the Contour comb, which has medium width teeth on one side and fine teeth on the other side. I think this should make detangling quicker as I simply have to flip the comb over instead of picking up a separate comb.

I plan to wash and condition my hair tomorrow, so I'll soon have a chance to test these combs out. I hope they really do reduce my manipulation and help to curb my breakage.

In terms of design, the combs are made of 100% hard rubber and they are a lot lighter than I anticipated. They both have a smooth black finish and the teeth are more flexible than my old combs.







Do you own a seamless comb? How does it compare to regular combs?

Thank you Mr Sagemann! (If you exist =O )

~Hatter

8 comments:

  1. I love that the Contour is two combs in one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love mt seamless combs! I have the hercules Sagemann 5690, which is also two combs in one. And the 188wr/497wr which is a rat tail comb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAY! I'm always excited when people reward themselves with these combs, I swear I can't say enough good things about them and only wish I'd learned about them sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you like the contour?
    I like that its a two in one comb... maybe i should order it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I like the contour comb, but I'm going to use it for a few weeks before I post a review :)

      Delete
  5. I have a magic rake and it is simply MAGICAL! I'll never use another comb again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I am just now finding out about these combs. I only ordered the Rake, now I want to go back and get the contour one. Mainly as a chase on my ends when flat ironing.. is that what you use it for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't flat iron my hair, but the contour comb is a good buy. Try it out!

      Delete